One of my goals for this Fall is to clean out my basement. It has become a bit of a disaster over the years, helped along partly by dealing with a relative’s estate two years ago and partly with my own pack rat ways! But whatever the cause, it had gotten bad. Real bad. THIS BAD!
Yeah… that bad. So this weekend I spent a lot of time cleaning things up. I filled two big trash cans (and then some) with trash, took two big car loads to Salvation Army, and separated out all the furniture I will be donating to the furniture bank. I made a lot of progress, but there is still a LONG way to go. The above pictures are the BEFORE… you will have to wait a bit to see the AFTER. I do have a little motivation for this project (besides being embarrassed a few weeks abo with the local fire department had to go in my basement to check out why the carbon monoxide alarm was going off)… I’ve been thinking seriously about adoption, but want to get my house organized before I move forward. And the basement is where 90% of my mess resides. (Shhh…. I haven’t revealed this little tidbit in ‘real life’ yet so please let’s keep this out little secret.)
In other news, Carla wants to know what we are up to, so here goes:
What am I…
- Reading: Just finished reading “One Second After,” which was truly one of the best books I have ever read.
- Listening to: The TV
- Watching: Sister Wives
- Cooking/Baking:I made portabello cheeseburgers for dinner tonight.
- Happy you accomplished this week: See above… I made a big dent in the basement mess.
- Looking forward to next week: More basement cleaning… call me a woman possessed! And since the rest of my house is pretty organized, it is easy to focus all my attention on the basement.
- Thankful for today:Great weather, lots of energy, and some of the best little fur-kids who just made me extra happy today.
- *Bonus Question* Do you have a celebrity crush? It was Neil Diamond, but he went and got married (jerk), so luckily Jimmy Buffett was still in the mix. He may be married, too… not sure… but in his case I don’t care. LOL! Okay, maybe neither of those are true crushes but I could listen to their music 24/7 so at the very least it is an obsession.